Job: Engineer: Reliability and Systems
- Tech, B.Eng or B.Sc Eng Degree in Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering (Essential)
- Business Management and / or Asset and Maintenance Management qualification (Desirable)
- A GCC (Factories) Certificate would be advantageous
- 6-10 Years’ experience in reliability and systems engineering at large FMCG company
- Petro Chemical Industry experience (preference)
- To manage risks relating to asset reliability, maintainability, operability, health, safety and environmental risks that could adversely affect operations.
- To manage asset life-cycles
- To translate strategy into an action plan for the area of responsibility and ensure effective execution of such actions.
- To assess and manage asset related risks by applying advanced techniques and methodologies
- To ensure continuous improvement and optimisation of the plant and equipment by identifying problems through advanced root cause analysis and reliability analysis models (RAM), and providing solutions thereto.
- To manage asset life-cycles (LCC) from concept definition, acquisition/build/modifications, utilisation through to disposal stage.
- To maintain and compile work procedures and all related documentation for the optimisation and improvements of engineering systems.
- To continually and systematically revise the proactive maintenance regime of assets by applying advanced root cause analysis and reliability analysis models taking into account the operational context.
- To derive accurate specifications for improvement projects and to allocate resources to projects and ensure that the desired sustainable engineering solutions are delivered.
- To participate in acquisitions, installations and commissioning to ensure that equipment operates according to requirements after installation or repair.
- To manage team performance and ensure high performance standards, and that objectives and goals are set and achieved according to performance agreement/job profile.
- To train and develop employees, and ensure that training needs are identified and submitted to HR and also ensure that training is done as per training plan and budget, and to put in place a personal development plan for every team member.
- To manage overall compliance to all laws, by-laws and regulations relevant to the function by adhering to the risk management plan, identifying potential threats or risks to progress and proactively implement corrective action as necessary.
- To manage and direct compliance to the prevailing ISO system, SHE requirements and Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) for area of responsibility
- R665 968 to R998 952 per annum
- Pretoria North
- Only SA citizens will be considered for this position, based on client policy.
If the button above doesn’t open your mailbox kindly forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include what job you would like to apply for.