Job: Mechanical Press Tool Designer / Toolmaker
- Tool, Jig & Dig Maker Trade or National Diploma/Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 20 years’ experience in designing tools (press tools is imperative) and fixtures for manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience with supervising a Toolroom.
- Computer Literate (MS Word & Excel) & Knowledge of Mechanical Drawing Software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel Advanced, Word, and MS Project);
- Drafting and design skills;
- Knowledge on Solid Edge and Edge Cam;
- Develop and implement improvements to manufacturing tooling and equipment to improve product quality, increase throughput and reduce process variability;
- Support Manufacturing and Engineering with Process Validation, Product/Process performance in compliance with the Quality Management System;
- Review Operations metrics with management and prioritize tool development projects to address quality issues and meet throughput demands i.e. reduce scrap and minimize risk of manufacturing errors;
- Support Research and Development with Tool design and new projects, providing input on manufacturing tooling and equipment requirements;
- Manage purchasing, design and manufacturing prototype as well as production tooling;
- Investigate tooling solutions and evaluate appropriateness for uses in comparison to custom tooling include performance, lead time and cost analyses;
- Draws and prepares layout of detailed drawings, using standard drafting tools and equipment or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software;
- Complete and keep record of purchase orders, material, tool and equipment list;
- Modifies tool designs according to trial or production service data to improve tool life and performance.
- Cape Town
- Preference will be given to PDI
- Only SA citizens will be considered for this position, based on client policy.
If the button above doesn’t open your mailbox kindly forward your CV to email@example.com and please include what job you would like to apply for.