Job: Production Assembly and Paint Shop Manager
- National Diploma in Production Management
- Qualified Artisan
- 5 years press shop experience in a supervisory capacity
- Extensive technical background
- Quality specifications and systems
- Conduct meeting with Group Leaders in order to prioritise and plan daily and or shift activities
- Apply just in time principles as and when required
- Ensure that all production resources are available timeously
- Calculating the human resources and material resources needed.
- Monitor/ Control quality and all line activities throughout duration of the shift
- Manage the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first off quality meets and/or exceeds planned goals.
- Ensure effective shop floor planning according to load chart as well as advance planning for next shift.
- Develop and track improvement in reduction of planned changeover and setting hours.
- Co-ordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations.
- Ensure prescribed line run at rates are achieved.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practice.
- Liaise with maintenance and tool room department regarding preventative and breakdown on machine and tools
- Ensure proper usage and care of all equipment, tooling and material
- Ensure that any production loss is followed up immediately
- Ensure accurate and timeous completion of all production and quality related documentation
- Monitor and reconcile expenditure against budget on a monthly basis. Investigate and resolve any discrepancies and ensuring production is cost effective.
- Ensure that relevant documentation is completed, approved and forwarded to H.R. prior to any appointment, personnel movement and/or dismissals as per company works instruction.
- Manage performance and development of sub-ordinates according to company procedures, works instructions and relevant legislation
- Ensure that work practices comply with the company SHE procedures and Works Instructions
- East London
- Only SA citizens will be considered for this position, based on client policy.
If the button above doesn’t open your mailbox kindly forward your CV to email@example.com and please include what job you would like to apply for.